1. HOW DO I OPEN A SAVINGS ACCOUNT WITH POSTBANK?
The requirements include; • An identity card or valid passport (both original and copy) • Minimum opening balance where applicable • To open an online Account on your phone, go to Mpesa -> Pay Bill 200999-> Enter ID in place of Ac No as follows ID12345678 -> Enter amount (from Kshs. 50) ->Enter Mpesa PIN -> You will receive a confirmation message from Postbank confirming Acc. No and PIN -.> New Account is now active.
2. AFTER HOW LONG WILL MY ACCOUNT BE ACTIVATED AFTER MEETING THE REQUIREMENT?
• An account is usually activated the same day a customer applies. • Cards are issued instantly unless advised otherwise • In case of any delays, the customer should contact their branch for more information
3. HOW DO I WITHDRAW AFTER OPENING MSAWA ACCOUNT?
To withdraw, get a PİN in order to use USSD. How do you get PİN? Normal Pin activation. • Dial *498# to get reference no. • Repeat *498# • Key in the reference no you just received. • You are prompted to key in your secret PIN. Confirm and you are done. You can withdraw upto Kshs. 140,000 per day/Kshs. 70,000 per withdrawal. • Withdraw by dialing *498# and following the prompts. • To deposit you use Pay Bill 200999
4. HOW CAN I RETRIEVE MY CARD’S PIN IF I FORGET OR LOSE IT?
One should visit the nearest branch for assistance to have the PIN reset.
5. HOW CAN I GET A POSTBANK LOAN?
Our credit services are limited to pensioners. We will let you know as soon as the service is extended to our other customers. We however encourage you to save with us and enjoy convenient and affordable banking services.
6. HOW CAN I OPEN A COMPANY BANK ACCOUNT?
The requirements are as follows; • Identification Documents of Directors mandated to sign • Two colored passport size photos of each signatory • Certified copies of MoU, Registration Certificates, Certificate of Incorporation, PIN certificate, Current copy of Business Permit issued by the City Council and Director’s Resolution to open an account with the bank • Copy of Annual Return submitted to Registrar of Companies advising names of Directors (for existing companies) and certified by the company secretary. • Certified true copy of the Board Resolution duly executed by the Chairman and Company Secretary and the Company’s Seal embossed. • Ksh. 5,000 minimum balance plus additional Kshs 1800 Search Fee.
7. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR A CHEQUE TO MATURE?
Cheques take 6 working days to process from the time of deposit.
IS THE BANK OPEN ON WEEKENDS?
• Yes, all branches are open on Saturday from 8.30am to 1:30pm apart from Head Office Branch which closes at 4:00pm. • During weekdays, branches are open from 8:30am to 4:00pm
9. HOW DO I TRANSFER MONEY FROM MY POSTBANK ACCOUNT TO M-PESA?
Money can be transferred from all Postbank accounts (except SAYE, SMATA and Premium Plus Account) to M-Pesa by first registering for Mobile Banking at any Postbank branch. Once registered, dial *498# and follow the prompts.
HOW CAN I DEPOSIT USING MY PHONE?
The procedure is as follows; Safaricom line → Go to Mpesa → Lipa na Mpesa → (Choose ) Pay Bill → Enter Business Number (200999)→ Enter Account Number (As it appears on the ATM Card)→ Enter Amount → Enter Pin (Mpesa Pin)→ OK.
11. WHAT’S THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF MONEY I CAN WITHDRAW DAILY FROM THE ATM?
The maximum amount one can withdraw daily is Ksh. 40,000. The limit can be extended upon a written request submitted personally by the customer to any Postbank branch.
12. HOW LONG WILL MY ATM CARD TAKE TO BE PROCESSED?
ATM cards are processed instantly upon application. In case of delays, the branch will inform the customer. For accounts opened via mobile phones, one requires Kshs. 660 to process the ATM card.
13. WHERE CAN I WITHDRAW OR DEPOSIT MONEY?
You can deposit or withdraw using the following channels; • Postbank Mashinani agent near you • From the ATM using your debit card • Mobile access through dialling *498# • Any Postbank branch near you
14. HOW CAN I CHECK MY ACCOUNT BALANCE?
• Postbank Mashinani agent near you. • From the ATM using your debit card. • Mobile access through dialling *498#. • Any Postbank branch near you. • Internet banking.
15. WHAT SHOULD I DO IF MY POSTBANK ACCOUNT IS BLOCKED?
If for any reason you find that your Postbank account is blocked, visit your nearest branch to receive assistance on unblocking it.
16. WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I SEND MONEY TO THE WRONG NUMBER?
Reach out to us through our Customer Care on 0716918999 or 0734856353, or email email@example.com to be assisted in reversing the transaction.
HOW CAN I GET A JOB AT POSTBANK?
We currently do not have opportunities. Keep checking our website for available vacancies.
18. HOW WILL I KNOW IF MY ACCOUNT IS DORMANT?
An account becomes inactive after 6 months of inactivity and is declared dormant after 12 months of inactivity. Check the status of your account at any Postbank branch.
19. HOW DO I ACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT?
• Visit the nearest branch and fill in “account activation” forms. • Deposits can be made to your account directly at the Branch or through pay bill number 200999.
20. HOW CAN I BECOME A POSTBANK AGENT?
To become a Postbank agent, you have to meet the following requirements; • A running business in existence for a minimum of 6 months • Business premise (permanent or semi-permanent) • Business space (above 150 square feet) • Accessible by road & at the Central Business District of a town / Centre • For a company, the following Business registration documents are also to be provided: * Copies of memorandum & Articles of Association * Certified copies of VAT and PIN certificates * Brief profile of the current company/Business * Certificate of Registration/Incorporation * Certified copies of 6 months Bank statement * Copies of IDs and passport size photos of Directors • For individual businesses, the following documents are required: * Copy of ID. * 2 Passport size photographs. * Business Permit. * Certificate of good conduct. * KRA PIN.
21. WHAT IS REQUIRED TO INITIATE A SWIFT TRANSFER?
The following information is required to initiate incoming customers’ transfers Bank: Citibank N.A Branch: Nairobi. Bank Code: 16000. Account Number: 0300030106. Account Number: Kenya Post Office Savings Bank. Beneficiary Details: Customer Name & Account Number.