M-Sawa is a mobile phone account from Postbank. All you have to do is open an account on your mobile phone and you can check your balance. You can also transfer, deposit and withdraw funds from wherever you are. Enjoy the convenience of a bank in your pocket.
Steps for Opening Msawa Account
- Navigate to the Safaricom M-PESA menu and select the Lipa na M- PESA option
- Select the Pay Bill option
- Enter the business number as 200999
- The M-PESA system will prompt you to enter the account number
- Enter the letters ID followed by your National identification number e.g. ID12645678 without any spaces.
- Neither Passport Number nor Alien Card Number will be used
- Enter the amount of money (deposit) that you wish to transfer from your M-PESA account to your Postbank account.
- The minimum is Kshs 50
- Enter your M-PESA PIN.
- A message “Pay Bill 200999 Account IDXXX Kshs XXXX” will be displayed confirm by pressing OK.
- If the details are not correct press Cancel and enter the correct details.
- You will receive an M-PESA message with reference No………………..Confirmed. Kshs XXX sent to Kenya Post Office Savings Bank for account IDXXXX on dd/mm/yyyy New M-PESA balance is Kshs XXX” to confirm that money has been sent to Postbank.
- Once your identification details are verified you will receive an SMS from Postbank confirming your account number and PIN number.
- Your new Account is now active and you can deposit or withdraw cash
- For your Postbank Cash express debit card please visit your nearest Postbank Branches
- You can deposit through the paybill No. 200999 or through any Postbank branch and Postbank Mashinani agents countrywide.
- You can withdrawal from Your M-SAWA account to MPESA by dialing *498# and follow the steps