KENYA POST OFFICE SAVINGS BANK
POSITION: SENIOR CLINICAL OFFICER (PB 5.2) – HEAD QUARTERS
The position is responsible for coordination of employee medical services at the staff clinic within Headquarters and includes overall supervision of the clinic services, offering of Clinical Medical consultation to staff and their dependants, and any other clinical services required for effective maintenance of staff health in the Bank.
- Diagnose and offer treatment to patients.
- Liaise with other medical providers on referrals and follow-ups.
- Advise management on medical issues relating to staff and their dependents.
- Verification of prescriptions and invoices and posting to the General ledger.
- Coordinate health talks and medical check-ups.
- To administratively oversee the smooth running of the staff clinic services.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine.
- Specialty either in Paediatrics, Ophthalmology, ENT or Orthopaedics.
- Membership to relevant professional body.
- 5 years working experience in a busy medical facility or practice.
- BSC in Clinical Medication or Higher National Diploma will be an added advantage.
Functional Skills and Core Competencies
- IT Proficiency.
- Demonstrable communication and interpersonal skills.
- Firm and transparent management style.
- Sensitivity to respect and diversity.
The closing date for receiving applications will be Monday 12th November 2018
INTERNAL AUDITOR PB 6.1 – (2 positions)
Reporting to the Manager/Internal Audit, the position is responsible for reviewing functional areas of the Bank to determine if operational controls are in place and adequate, examining the financial statements to determine the accuracy and completeness, and advice the management through recommendations on ways of mitigating against the possible business risks.
- Review the adequacy of existing systems and controls and recommending effective internal control changes.
- Participate in identifying and assessing operational and financial risks that the Bank faces and the countermeasures required to manage and mitigate the risk.
- Participate in the preparation and review of the annual audit work plan and preparation of audit programmes.
- Participate in the audit of draft annual accounts.
- Carry out regular, surprise, ad-hoc and end of year audit to ensure compliance with approved management policies.
- Review the adequacy of operational and financial controls with a view to recommending implementation of necessary corrective measures.
- Discuss audit findings and recommendations with unit Head.
- Carry out special audit assignments and investigations at the request of management and recommending necessary corrective measures.
- Participate in budget preparation and controls in the department.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in commerce, accounting/finance or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Accounting/Audit duties.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA (K) or ACCA qualification.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Communications Skills
- IT Proficiency and report writing
- Organization skills
- Documentation skills
- Interview skills
- Negotiation skills
- Team player
Applications must be delivered to the Postbank Headquarters situated at Postbank House, 4th Floor; Market Lane Off 17 Banda Street. Please address applications to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Post Office Savings Bank
P. O. Box 30311-00100